While reasonable efforts have been made in good faith to ensure the contents of this website are factually correct, Rockdale City Council does not guarantee nor accept responsibility or any legal liability whatsoever arising from or connected to the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any information provided. All of the information provided by or otherwise procurable on and from the website is for general information purposes only and does not constitute advice whether legal or otherwise from Rockdale City Council. The website is not, and is not intended to be, a substitute or an alternative for seeking information by otherwise available statutory means (eg making an application for a planning certificate). Rockdale City Council does not accept any responsibility or legal liability should you rely upon the information provided by or otherwise procurable on and from the website to your detriment, except as provided by statute. Use of the website and the provision or submission of information implies agreement with and consent to these conditions of use.
Rockdale City Council has certain obligations in relation to the personal information that it obtains from persons who use its website. Please read the statement below on Personal Information to learn what information Council collects about you, why it is collected and what is done with it.
In using this site you will provide Rockdale City Council with "personal information". This is defined in the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 ("PPIPA") to be "information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion". Personal information collected by Council will include your name and any other information provided.
Further, when you visit Council's website the following information is recorded for statistical purposes:
- The address of your server;
- The top-level domain from which you accessed the Internet (such as .com,.org,. gov, .edu, .au, .nz, etc.);
- The type of browser used:
- The date and time of your visit to the site;
- The pages you visited and the documents you downloaded;
- The links you followed to come to and leave the site;
- Any other information that is recorded
- This information is used to create reports to tell Council the number of visitors to the site, what areas are most visited, what areas are least visited and technical design information such as broken links. This information is used to assist Council in making the site more useful to visitors.
If you are aged 16 years or under you need to get your parent or guardian's permission before you provide personal information to this website.
Personal information collected from you is held and used by Council as permitted by Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 ("PPIPA"). Under PPIPA you are entitled to be informed of:
- the fact that personal information is being collected;
- the name and address of the agency collecting and holding the information;
- the purposes for which the information is being collected;
- the persons and bodies to whom the information will be disclosed;
- whether the provision of the information is mandatory or voluntary;
- the consequences (if any) of not providing the information; and
- your right under PPIPA to apply to have access to your information or to have it corrected.
Council has various functions under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, 1979, the Local Government Act 1993 and other legislation, and personal information is collected to enable Council to perform them. Under PPIPA, other agencies (particularly law enforcement agencies) may have the right to gain access to personal information about you that Council holds. Indeed, some agencies (particularly law enforcement agencies) have legal authority to inspect our Internet Service Providers' logs and obtain your address if required for an official investigation. Further, Council records are available for public inspection and copying, including under the Local Government Act 1993 and the Government Information and Public Access Act 2009.
At the request of an individual to whom personal information held by Council relates, Council must provide the individual with access to the information. Council must, at the request of an individual to whom personal information held by Council relates, make appropriate amendments to ensure that the personal information is, among other things, accurate.
The forms on this site include statements on whether the supply of information by the individual is mandatory or voluntary and any consequences for the individual if the information is not provided.
The contents of this website are subject to copyright and may not be reproduced in any form without the prior consent of Rockdale City Council.